Monday, May 12, 2008

I miss Mister Wizard...

I found it interesting that we discussed of how time is/would be affected and/or perceived if someone/something wasn’t present. The mere thought of an entirely different reality that could have existed is very intriguing. Then I started thinking about the other conundrums that I’m sure we’ve all heard at one point in our lives.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around, does it make a sound?

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Or to make it a bit more personal, all the ‘what if’s’ that if taken, could’ve affected our lives for better or worse.

Then the video segment of ‘Art: 21’ where elements were removed got me to thinking about the experience of TIME as a whole. What it’s made up of and how it is defined. The first thing that popped into my head was that of a scientific formula of sorts:

One part elemental,
One part sound,
One part feeling,
etc.

Would an exact moment in ‘TIME’ have been the same without these things? Would they have been that memorable?

No comments: