Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Something fun...

The general consensus where I work is that we're all getting fatter from the abundant amount of food surrounding us on a daily basis so back in January we started an 'IT Biggest Loser' contest. Everyone chipped in $20, we have weekly weigh ins, and the contest ends at the end of June. I started out strong but I'm basically out of the race even though I still try. I usually try to eat at home for breakfast, get a heart healthy lunch and then have a normal dinner. Well, not today. This morning I had a powerade and a brownie from the cafeteria because I had been craving one for the last week. Then for lunch I organized a luncheon with everyone at ICEHOUSE on West Street. Unfortunately not everyone made it but out of the 4 that did, we had a good time eating whatever we wanted.

When we got back to the office my mind started racing at what I wanted to do when I got home and then it came to me, Fastimes Indoor Karting. So I called to check on availability but unfortunately they were only open until 5:30pm then they had a private reservation for the rest of the evening. Then I thought it would be a cool thing to do with my dad for Fathers Day so I decided to go put it off until then.

When I got home, I decided to go out on our back porch and read. A few years ago I had discovered that I read better there and since I haven't had time recently, I thought I'd try to catch up on some reading. Unfortunately it was a bit too windy today for me to get more than a few chapters in. The good thing about the balcony is that it's almost always 'in the shade' so on really hot days its still 'cool' but the wind was just too much to take and it really wasn't fun or relaxing anymore.

Ultimately I ended up passing out, which I know isn't very much in the spirit of this assignment but I've been completely exhausted as of late and just stopping everything to rest was very, VERY enjoyable/fun for me.

No comments: