Sunday, May 18, 2008

Reflections in TIme

Hey Everyone,

I'm currently trying to transfer my video into a polished After Effects piece but so far it's not looking too good because the last time I played with this application was for my first class with Beth (and yes I know, shame on me for not keeping up with it, I'm definitely kicking myself as I write this.) So if I can't produce a polished product between now and tomorrows class, I'll just bring in an MPEG to show.

Regardless of the outcome, I'd like to preface my approach to the assignment.

I decided to video tape myself talking about one of the buildings in Broad Ripple I used to frequent when I was a teenager. I also purposely chose to video tape the recollection away from the building so the viewer is able to focus on my facial expressions which will hopefully lure them in. The reason I chose Broad Ripple is because most are familiar with the area or at least the name. So hopefully my ramblings will invite them to remember what it meant for their youth.

It isn't pretty and I fumble a bit but hopefully the feeling comes through.

1 comment:

Tim Borek said...

Sounds cool, although I'm not sure why you'd even need After Effects for what you've described.

I have special places and times etched in my mind too. So many great memories associated with varied, wonderful places.